The blaze broke out around 8:45 a.m. on Wednesday (Nov. 29) along the 100 block of 15 Street North.
Lethbridge firefighters have determined that a house fire on the northside was caused by improperly disposing of smoking materials. The blaze broke out around 8:45 a.m. on Wednesday (Nov. 29) along the 100 block of 15 Street North. A total of 23 firefighters from four stations responded. When they arrived on scene, they found smoke coming from the first and second floors of the home. All residents and a pet had safely evacuated and no injuries were reported. The Fire Prevention Office reminds the public to properly dispose of smoking materials, such as cigarettes, into a non-combustible container filled with water and sand to extinguish the materials and weigh down the container. -Sam Borsato