Toby Boulet says they appreciate Jaskirat Sidhu's "remorsefulness and the fact their family and all the Bronco families won't have to see the intricate details of the crash and a potential of a long and exhausting trial."
The father of a Lethbridge boy killed in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash last year says his family is relieved about this week's guilty pleas in the case.
Jaskirat Sidhu pleaded guilty Tuesday in a Saskatchewan court to 16 counts of dangerous driving causing death and 13 counts of dangerous driving causing bodily harm.
In a statement, Toby Boulet says "as much as this sounds crazy, the Boulet's appreciate Sidhu's remorsefulness and the fact their family and all the Bronco families won't have to see the intricate details of the crash and a potential of a long and exhausting trial."
Toby's son Logan was one of those 16 people killed in the April 6th crash.
Sentencing for Sidhu will take place later this month.
Boulet Family Statement
The Boulet family is relieved that (Jaskirat Singh Sidhu) has chosen to plead guilty to all 29 charges from the Humboldt Broncos tragedy of April 6th, 2018.
We’re also continually saddened at the death of our son (Logan) and the other 15 members of the Bronco family plus the 13 members that have been scarred both mentally/ physically and injured for life.
Furthermore, as much as this sounds crazy, we appreciate his remorsefulness and the fact that we’ve saved our family and all the Bronco families plus those in the community of Humboldt the water cooler talk, the video images of the crash site, the intricate details that are private to the families and surviving victims of this crash and a potential of a long and exhausting trial.
Thank you very much for your time, and we appreciate all your kindness, thoughts and prayers for our family and all the families as we all continue to search for our “new normal”.
The Boulet Family
Mariko, Bernadine and Toby