This year's recipients of the annual Community Capital Project Grant include local organizations involved in cultural, youth, arts, recreation, and family support activities.
Lethbridge City Council awarded matching grants to 15 local non-profit groups this week to support capital enhancement projects for community-use facilities.
This year’s recipients of the annual Community Capital Project Grant (CCPG) include local organizations involved in cultural, youth, arts, recreation and family support activities.
The total of all approved CCPG grants this year is $460,148, funded by the program’s annual $450,000 budget and $10,148 in unexpended funds carried forward from projects in previous years. Amounts of individual grants range from approximately $2800 to $74,000 which will go toward projects with a combined total value of $1.4 million.
Organizations are eligible to apply every two years for up to $200,000 per project to fund one-third of the total project cost.
Mayor Chris Spearman says the consistently high number of applicants to this program every year indicates how valuable it is to our community.
Federal GST rebates to the City of Lethbridge are used each year to fund the program. It was established by the City in 2004 to support not-for-profit societies’ ability to expand and upgrade community-use facilities as well as strengthen their capacity to provide services for their members and the broader community.
* Henderson Stadium Society $74,112
* Friends of the Helen Schuler Nature Centre $65,000
* Lethbridge Soccer Association $56,803
* Prairie Baseball Academy Society $52,000
* Lethbridge Community Bingo Association $49,890
* Lethbridge Senior Citizens Organization $30,000
* Lethbridge Family Services $26,639
* West Wind Gymnastics Club $25,000
* Allied Arts Council $24,866
* Lethbridge North Little League Baseball Association $22,500
* Chinook Country Shooters $16,500
* Lethbridge Columbus Club $ 6,117
* Lethbridge Community Taiko Association $ 4,000
* New West Theatre $ 3,892
* Southern Alberta Individualized Planning Association $ 2,829