There will be plenty of activities in Lethbridge this weekend to celebrate Canada's 151st birthday!
With Canada Day less than a week away, residents and visitors are reminded of the special activities happening around Lethbridge to celebrate our nation’s birthday.
The best way to stay up-to-date with everything happening for Canada Day is to download the free mobile app mobile at: http://my.yapp.us/TKAJ32. More information can also be found online at www.lethbridge.ca/canadaday.
For those traveling to Henderson Lake Park via car, please note there are road closures in place. Motorists are encouraged to park at Lethbridge Exhibition and walk to the lake area.
The Lethbridge Canada Day committee is once again sponsoring a free park and ride shuttle service from various locations around the city. The service starts at 6:00 pm and runs until 12:00 am, helping people get to and from the fireworks event at Henderson Lake. This schedule is available on the City website and the mobile app.
Highlights of the Canada Day celebrations include:
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Show & Shine hosted by the Le Baron’s Car Club
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – pancake breakfast hosted by the Interfaith Food Bank
- 10 a.m. - Red Dress Run, a 5 km charity run and walk around Henderson Lake.
- 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. - Stage performances with an eclectic mix of talented musicians, singers, and dancers from Lethbridge and beyond.
- 12 – 8 p.m. - KidZone includes bouncy castles and face painting; an Active Living zone with many community resources.
- 4 p.m. – Opening Ceremonies and dignitary speeches
- 11 p.m. – Fireworks finale
- Food Hub will run all day with over 30 local and visiting food vendors.
SLP Skate Park – SLP Canada Day Skate Jam from 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Henderson Pool: Open 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Spitz Stadium: Lethbridge Bulls game 7:35 p.m. start