Lawyer for Lethbridge Man Charged in Fatal Crash Says They've Had Little Contact

The case against a 62-year old man charged in relation to a fatal crash making a brief court appearance Tuesday morning (Jan. 8).

Douglas Bagnall, of Lethbridge, was charged in November with impaired driving offences. The crash happened last June along Highway 3 near Coalhurst, killing one man from the Piikani First Nation.
 
An agent for Bagnall's lawyer says the accused has had little communication with his counsel so far, which the Crown says is concerning.
 
A family member of the deceased man stood up in court in response to that, shouting, "There should be a manhunt."
 
Bagnall is currently on bail with several conditions. He's expected in court on Jan. 15, but if he doesn't appear, an arrest warrant will be released at that time.

More from Lethbridge News

Recently Played